Wednesday 23 April 2014

Behind the lines

I love this 'behind the lines' project by illustrator Alessandra Olanow, I've followed the series for a while and as well as loving the illustrations I always discover new products along the way too!

When it comes to make up I pretty much stick with what I know, liquid eyeliner, bit of mascara and blush and done. However lately I've been getting into watching some beauty Youtuve videos and learning quite a lot, I even bought myself an eyebrow pencil! It's funny how bigger brows are having a comeback, when I was a teenager is was all about them being as thin as possible!

The other thing I've been investing time in is a good moisturiser and cleanser, I was told once (by my mum I think!) that cold water is the best toner so no need to spend a huge amount of money on that. I also got my eyebrows threaded for the first time the other day (ouch!) I was really surprised how much it hurts so I'm also looking into laser hair removal for those caterpillars ;) a friend has laser treatment for her legs and says she wished she had done it years ago, would you try it?

I found some of these articles on hair removal here quite interesting actually as well as some great tips on Manuka honey for acne treatment (that stuff works wonders for so much!). I've also recently started oil pulling and I'm really impressed with how clean it is making my mouth feel.

What are your beauty tips?

in association with sk:n

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...